◼ HOT HIGHLIGHTS from the annual Popjustice Readers’ Poll nail exactly who mattered on the UK music scene in 2014, plus frank verdicts on those acts you really want to see turned over. We’ve avoided too many spoilers here – mainly teasers to send you to PJ for the teeming madhouse of Joe P’s opinion. . .
BEST SINGLES OF THE YEAR
- Sia – Chandelier
- Charli XCX – Boom Clap
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
[Full chart online at PJ, along with Worst Singles]
BEST ALBUMS OF THE YEAR
- Taylor Swift – 1989
- Sia – 1000 Forms of Fear
- Ariana Grande – My Everything
[Full chart online at PJ, along with Worst Albums]
MAJOR ARTIST WITH DISAPPOINTING MUSIC MOST AT ODDS WITH ABILITY TO ACHIEVE BETTER
- Calvin Harris
- Lady Gaga
MORE IN SIMILAR INSOLENT VEIN, SUCH AS:
- Worst attempt at a solo career. . . Most ridiculous recording artist. . . Had it, lost it in 2014. . . Most deluded artist. . . Total bellend of the year (a bit hard on Louis Walsh, this one)
- Best deejay. . . Best TV show with music. . . Best video and Shoddiest video. . .
- Best new act to properly get going in 2014. . . Newish act most likely to save pop in 2015. . . Act we should send to Eurovision in 2015
- Group most likely to split in 2015 (no direction needed to guess the first in a list of ten).
- Sickest beat of the year as good excuse to get Lorde mentioned. And many more to keep you smirking.
➢ 2014 Popjustice Readers’ Poll in full