➢ Bowie HQ on the V&A show’s last days:
“ Around 300,000 people have seen the V&A’s David Bowie is exhibition as it enters its closing week. The V&A has been running regular late-night openings to cope with demand and the exhibition has been open until 22.00 every night for the final two weeks. Tickets are still available for purchase every day at the Museum.
To give people one last chance to see the exhibition in the UK the V&A has also commissioned a special film to be transmitted live to over 200 cinemas across the UK on 13 August. David Bowie is happening now will be a cinematic, behind-the-scenes tour of the exhibition in the company of curators Victoria Broackes and Geoffrey Marsh and celebrity guests.
The exhibition will now commence an international tour. Confirmed venues are:
- Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto, Canada from 25 September to 27 November 2013
- Museum of Image and Sound, Sao Paulo, Brazil from 28 January to 21 April 2014
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, USA from September 2014 to January 2015
- Philharmonie de Paris/ Cité de la Musique, Paris, France from 2 March to 31 May 2015
- Groninger Museum, Groningen, The Netherlands from 15 December 2015 to 15 March 2016
Further international venues are under discussion… ” / Continued at Bowie.com